Fathead started out as a Strong Scotch Ale but has morphed over time into Barleywine territory. This beer features an addition of dark brown sugar to boost the alcohol and contribute a unique caramel/molasses character. Hopped with just enough Centennial and Cascade to offset the slight sweetness of this big, warming beer.
2-Row, Caramel 20, Chocolate Malt, Brown Sugar
- Prior to Barrel Aging: 2009 US Open Beer Championships – Silver Medal – Barley Wine
- 2010 World Beer Championships – Bronze Medal – Barley Wine
- 2013 US Open Beer Championships – Bronze Medal – Barley Wine
- 2014 18th Annual Great International Beer Competition – Gold Medal – Barley Wine
- 2015 United States Open Beer Championship – Bronze Medal – Wood / Barrel Aged Strong Stout